Monday, March 2, 2009

Yo Yo

Hey all.
Its me, Elder Haws. Well, this week was good. We had the visit of elder Falabella (as i mentioned last week) It was AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!!
We had some really great experiences and learned a lot. It really help us with our faith, and now we are seeing miricles.
Just going to share a quick experience and then i am out!!

This week we were in La Carpio. Its supposedly really dangerous. It is just like the place that they show on the comerciales when they sell kids "for a small donation of 32 cents you can be the proud owner of this poor little kid"

Literally, i have looked for cameras always when we are there, because i guarantee they have filmed those here at least once.... Well, long storry short, we were bummed cause no one wanted us, and we decided that we were going to finish our day there and then not go back. So we went to our last appointment with a family we reactivated. We shared a message, and were about to pray when my companion turned to there non member sister in law that we taught a long time ago. He asked if she had been reading the book of mormon and she said yes. He asked if she had prayed and she said yes. She only said yes, but not really very convincingly so i told her that it was inportant thats she read and pray so she could find out that the church is true. She responded by saying that she knew it was true..... I asked..... What about baptism..... And she said she wanted to be baptised. So she will be baptised this next sunday morning.

Sometimes i think God makes things hard just to see how willing we are to try and perservere. I am glad that we perserveered and that we were able to feel the promptings of the spirit to find out how prepared she really was

I know this church is the church of Christ. I recieve a stronger testimony of that everyday!!!

I am so happy to be here working super hard

Love, Elder Haws

ps. I didnt have any good pictures this week, so the picture i put on is of me with a baloon named juan carlmalone....

2 comments:

Shanna said...

Thanks for sharing that story I'm sure it was such an awesome expirience ! I love the picture. I hope that baptism went well, i can't wait to hear about it!
Keep up the good work:)

Jan Haws said...

Good experience. Thanks for sharing it. I am glad you persevere and keep going. It is neat to hear about areas you are working in too. Stay safe. I love how happy you are in this picture. I can tell you are happy and working hard. Love U