Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Missionary Of My Dreams

A little bit of Danny's letter to Jan on August 3...

Well, all is well here. Today wont have time to write on my blog, because we are EXTREMELY LATE. We took the wrong bus coming home from playing soccer with the other missionaries, and because of that, we are very very late. Hopefuly you can put a little something on the blog to make up for it.

Well, every time changes are close, i decide all the things i will do better when i get to my next area. This time i had a VERY long list. I kept thinking about some of the things we do, and then ask myself what i would think if the missionaries in our ward did those things. (don´t worry not really really bad things, just small and simple things) Well, i made a mental list of what to do better in my next area. On saturday night they called us to tell us who has changes on the sixth, and (drum rolllllllllllllllll) I dont have changes. Elder Martinez and i will be together for six more weeks. Luckily, this time i was very prepared for whatever came. I absolutely love the people here and so it is easy to stay. Also, my companion and i get along really well, which makes it easy. Six months in rio claro, ¡Que Suerte! Ok so back to my list of things to change.... Well, i layed in my bed unable to sleep, and thought about my list of things to change, and tried to put order to them, but it was so hard to do, that i fell asleep. When i woke up in the morning, i was a knew person. Every thing i did, i thought"would the missionary of my dreams do this?" and if the answere was yes, i did it. If it was no, i didn´t. Well, i have kept doing that, and i feel a lotm better. On sunday, everyone was happy that i am staying. The people herte are great. Well, in my testimony, i told everyone sorry if i haven´t been the missionary of mine and their dreams. I told them from now on if i do anything that they think is not in line with hte missionarry of my dreamsw, please tell me so that i can change it. I decided that i was wrong thinking that i neede a new area to change. I feel like i am truly starting to become the missionary that i have dreamed of since i can remember(and the one shanna has dreamed of:)..)

Well, also on sunday i taught sunday school, as i do every week. It was great. Everyone participated and wel all learned. It was about adversity, based on d+c 121 and 122.It was one of the greatest lessons i have been a part of. Let me say a few words about my sunday school class... It is great. At first it was hard teaching 20 to 30 adults, but after about 3 weeks, i got the hang of it. They are just great. I have seen many of our members grow in the 4.5 months i have been here.

Also, on sunday a member who we found knoking doors came to church for the first time in years. When we found here she was pregnant, and now she had her baby a little more than a month ago. Her daughters name is Allison, and she is one of the cutest babies ever. Well, she brought allison to pe bleesed in church, and guess who the lucky one was that got to bless her.... Me. I would say that the two most powerfull experiences that i have had in my mission are the two baby blessings i have done. As i took this super super cute baby in my arms, i looked down at her, and she looked back. I just looked into her eyes, and i could feel the spirit so strong. I was feeled woth feelings about where she recently came from, and where she will go min her life, and i gave her a blessing accordingly. Isn´t it so great that we have the chance to be part of great thigns like that? I truly feel that now after 18 months i am becoming a faithfull proven tool in the lords hands. I feel like he now knows he can trust me to get the job done. And it only took me 18 months to get there


I know that this church is true, and that i truly am part of a great cause.

Love, Elder Haws

2 comments:

Shanna said...

Holy cow Danny i loved your post this week, i even got the chills while reading it! I am so glad that you were able to have that experience. It really seems like it has changed you for the better and I'm so glad that you still have 5 1/2 months to serve those people. They are so lucky to have you, and you them. You've always been the missionary of my dreams :) Keep up the good work Dano!

Jan Haws said...

I say dito to what Shanna wrote. Good Job!