Monday, August 24, 2009

Is anybody out there????

Does anyone even read this? I am not sure. Oh well, at least i will have a cool electronic journal someday....

Well, this week was great. On last sunday Elder Ramirez went home, so his companion Elder Davis was with us for an "undetermined time". Well, Elder Martinez went on divisions with one of our areas, and left me with Elder Davis. He is from Albequerque New Mexico. Well, luckily, on friday they called and told us he was going to get a companion on saturday. While we were together, i realized how much i have grown as a missionary. Elder Davis worries so much about everything, and thats exactly how i used to be. I used to get som upset if one of our investigators didn´t progress, or if no one wanted to listen to us. What i learned, is that peopl make there own choices, and as long as we present our message the best we can, it isn´t our fault. I didn´t realize that i had learned this until i was with elder Davis. He is a great kid, and will do great things in his mission. I am sure that my Zone leaders thought the same thing about me when i was a youngan, and now look at me.

Well, today we went fishing on the beach with one of Golfitos investigators. Unfortunately, we only caught two fish. The first one was a little guy that martinez caught, but it fell of his hook before he got it in(i don´t really count that) the second, i caught. But, it turns out it was a blow fish, and they are poisonous, so i had to let it go. Needless to say, we are hungry cause we didn´t eat lunch.... Heres a picture that basically explains our day without words....
My feet got sunburned.... But i have had worse
Sorry I didn´t take a picture today of us fishing... But i am sure you can imagine.

Well, that all for now

Love, Elder Haws

5 comments:

Jan Haws said...

yes I read this several times a week, over and over. I like the feet, sunburn and all. It is good to hear of your progress as a missionary. It is a lot the same way in life. The older you get, the wiser you are. It think it would be fun to fish in the ocean. Stay happy and keep on doing good things

Nick said...

Danny, I also read this every week dude. It is awesome to here what you are doing and even better when we get pictures. Keep it up, thanks.

Tami said...

Silly Danny, of course we look at your blog! I feel like you do though with my blog. People are blog stalkers and it sucks! I liked the picture this week of your feet. I bet you have a wicked awesome missionary tan. Anyway, it sounds like you are an awesome missionary! Keep on keepin' on.
Tam

Shanna said...

i would like it stated that i comment almost every single week thank you very much lol. Love the sun burned feet, that doesn't look like it felt very good though. It's my first week of school this week i can't wait to write and tell you all about it. Keep it up bud :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that I don't always leave comments but I ready your messages every week too. I'm always so impressed by how you're growing and what a great missionary you are. Keep it up my cousin!
-Millie