Monday, August 10, 2009

Elder "Of my dreams" Haws

Howdy yall. Well, its time for the whole monday comunication with the family.
So this week was pretty cool. Basically we went to San Jos'e for transfers. The transfer meeting was weird, but cool. My comp and i are still together.
So about two weeks ago, we went to visit Guiermo and his family. They were inactive, we reactivated them, and baptised Joseline. Well, when we showed up to their house, i peeked in the window, and what did i see??? THEM READING THE BOOK OF MORMON AS A FAMILY!!!

I know that to most this may seem insignificant, but to me it is like a payday! You have no idea how excited i was!!!

Also, a few weeks ago our neighbor got a new lil puppy. They named him something stupid like poopy, so we decided to change his name. First i started calling him Bufalo cause he kinda slightly looks like a buffalo (He is some sort of bulldog mut mix), and then my comp called him Bookie. I guess he had had a dog named bookie way back when, and well, it stuck. So anyway, bookie is always running around in our yard(because we share a yard with the neighbor) and the other day, he learned to come into our house. Now, when we wake up in the morning and open the door, he is there waiting to come in. We don't mind, and one day i even gave ghim a tie....
Oh cool shoe huh, i bought them for really cheap(ask nick he will tell you all about it)

Actually speaking of my new shoes, we went to the border of panama last week, and i was looking for some new shoes to play soccer, you see the week before we were playing soccer and i fell down about 15 times cause my sambas are all worn out. Well i searched and searched for a good deal, but everyone was just so expensive. Finally after giving up, i found a great deal!!! i got two pairs of shoes for less than half the price that everyone else was charging for just one pair. I forgot to take a picture of them, but here is a cool picture of me wearing them...
Yep, they are hover shoes. Oh also, i got a cool pair of sweat pants for 2 bucks...

Ok now to the important part... Last sunday a guy showed up to church and told us he wanted to be baptised.... Yeah i know thats just something that happens here... Well, we talked to him for about an hour, and this guy allready knew everything. It turns out he had investigated for a long time in sn jose but never felt like getting baptised. Well, we put a baptismal date with him for the next saturday(or last saturday)

And....... WE BAPTISED HIM!!!

This is Nelberth Gutierrez Quiros It turns out he is our branch presidents brother in law....



Well, thats all folks!!
Thanks for everything,
Elder Haws

2 comments:

Tami said...

Dano,
First of all, I love the new picture of your name badge with fruit loops and leche. Creative indeed!
Second, I think your new shoes are pretty sweet. The sweat pants are pretty cool also.
Third...Congrats on the baptism.
and fourth, I think you're pretty cool. You are an awesome missionary and I'm happy to see you being the elder "of your dreams"! Sure love ya!
Tam

Jan Haws said...

I love this post Danny, I love that you are happy. I love the new shoes, the cool hover picture and the awesome baptism you had. Keep up the good work. Lots of Love