Monday, July 27, 2009

Building schools is hard to do.

Well, things here are great as always. This week we had our first interviwews and zone conference with president galvez. He is SO SO SO awesome. He truly inspired us by teaching us such Basic principles, but with such sincerity. He is such a personal man. He literally cares for each and every one of us, and you can feel it. He is a bit bigger than president Arbizú, so his hugs are better as well.

After Zone conference we went to San Vito to help The missionaries there do service the next morning. We went on divisions with the missionaries there that night when we got there. Elder Soto is there in San Vito, and he is going home on the 4th on Augost. I went with him on divisions, and we had a great time remembering old times. I am gonna miss him.

Supposedly, the 25th was some sort of world wide service day, so we (in san vito) Helped build a school. It was pretty dang awesome. We got there at 6 am and worked until about 1 in the afternoon. We basically just shoveled rocks and sand into the cement mixer the whole time. I really enjoyed helpin and working so hard. Carrying the bible for 18 months has made my hands all soft, and it was nice to get some callus back.

Thats basically all for this week. I was going to put on some pictures, but it turns out they won´t upload.. What else is new:(

Love Elder Haws

5 comments:

Tami said...

I'm glad you got your calluses back. Those kids in Costa Rica will love having a new school to go to, and I bet the teachers will love it too! Good job Dano! I wish I would have known it was national service day... actually it probably wouldn't have made a difference, but now I can say I didn't know. Oh well. Thanks for postig today. Sure love ya!

Nick said...

That's good you can get a nice hug from your pres. He he he, just kidding.

Brax said...

i just started renting a pray house today. yay for the church in new areas.

Jan Haws said...

Good work Dano- Work is good for the spirit. You seem busy and happy. Keep it all up. Let us know about transfers. Lots of Love

Shanna said...

wow that is such a cool experience! i'm also glad you got to see elder soto. I hope you have another awesome week :)