Monday, May 12, 2008

BAPTISM!!!

Sorry that i am posting twice today, but i had a lot of stuff happen this week.....

This week we finally got to baptise this super cool family. My very first costa rican that i met was our taxi driver after transfers. The whole way to our area he and my companion were talking. I didnt understand anything and every once in a while they would stop talking. Thats when i realized they were asking me questions. I did understand one and that was when he aske me if i liked to drink coffee... Basically it was weird and really uncomfortable. That very same day after i unpacked we went to this neighborhood and stated talking to people. We saw a little kid on his bike and he rode over to us. My comp started talking to him and i didnt understand much. Then we went with him to his house. When we knoked on the door, i was a little lost. Then, Mauricio answered the door. He was the taxi driver. We went in and taught them the first lesson. Apperantely he was allready an investigator and they had taught him before i came. Durring our lesson he drank 3 beers and smoked about 5 cigarettes, but it was apparent on our second visit that he had a very strong testimony of jopseph smith.... To make a long story short, after 2 months of struggling to quit smoking and a lot of other weird stuff (including but not limited to cool dreams, scary dreams, and a possesed evagelical lady) they were baptised on the 10th of may 2008. The next day they were confirmed and mauricio recieved the priesthood. It has been a wonderfull experience watching them grow and become converted. I have no doubt in my mind that this is the true church. While Elder Chamaya was baptising emilia mauricio said to me " THIS is a true baptism" I don´t doubt that he will go on to be a great leader in the church, and as soon as pedro(the kid on the bike) turns 8, He will get to be baptised by his father. I love this work. It gets better everyday.


Elder Chamaya and I (I baptised two, and he baptised two)
This Is the family. Left Side is elder Chamaya, then Mauricio, Emilia, Danna, And me. In the front is Pedro, and Fabiola.Me with my first Tico(costa rican)This is about the coolest picture ever...This is me about to baptise fabiola. First i baptised Danna, then Fabiola, then Elder Chamaya baptised Emilia, followed by Mauricio.I really have clothes on still, but i just couldnt resist. You know me......


Overall, it was a great service. Thanks everyone for all your prayers that made this possible. I love you all
Love, Elder Haws

3 comments:

Shanna said...

Danny that is so awesome!!!! That would be so neat, i am so proud of you! I also loved seeing all of your fun pictures, you look so happy!
Love ya lots, keep up the good work!

Jan Haws said...

Wow Danny!
I love the pictures, especially the ones of you. You all look so happy. What a wonderful family. Look what a difference a few months and feeling the spirit can make in people's lives, even yours. The church is true. Thanks for the story, for sharing, and for serving.

Tami said...

Who is that tall, tan, handsome missionary??? Oh wait... that's Danny! You look so so so happy! I truly hope you are happy! Those pictures were awesome. I can see how you feel about these people. Thanks for posting pictures. It's good to see what you're doing!
Love ya!