Monday, July 6, 2009

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!

Well, this week a miracle happened. You see, my zone is in the south of the contry. We are like the exiled missionaries. It takes about 8 hours to get to the capital. About every three to six months, the mission allows the zones to go to the temple, but, zona sur NEVER gets to go.
This week our district was going to the temple. Our district president mentioned to me that they had a lot of room on the bus, and had allready paid sothey couldn´t get a smaller one. He asked if we would be able to go(the whole zone)
Well, me being the amazing zone leader i am,(also with the whole change of mish president) got us permission to go!!!
We left friday night at 10 pm and arrived at the temple the $th of july at 4:30 AM.
We imediately started doing baptisms. I had the opportunity to confirm from 5 am until 7 am when i went through the first session. While in the session, i saw a familiar face. It was Brother Quesada from san Miguel. We ate lunch with them avery single sunday. I was so happy to see him, and he even remembered my name. He came and wispered "the aguilars are getting sealed today."
The Aguilars are an awesome family that we ALWAYS tried to get to go to the temple. They are one of my FAVORITE families in my whole mission. So, i got to see there family, as well as the bishop from san miguel. IT WAS AWESOME!!!! They had to wait a while for their sealing, so me, the father, and the bishop went and helped with confirmations for another almost 2 hourd. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
Then, as if that wasn´t enough of a surprise, as i was FINALLY leaving, in the waiting room i found Walter and Janorie and their family. They are My family from Don Bosco. They were at the temple buying stuff for their sealing IN A MONTH!!!!
I would have to say that the fourth was the most gratifieng day i have had in my whole mission. I Felt such joy to see all these people doing such important things. I actually feel now, that i maybe have done something in my mission.

Heres a patriotical picture of the temple(i like the three missionaries in the background..)
This is my delicious grilled ham and cheese sandwich i made with some of the free cheese sister arbizu gave us a few months ago(the cheese doesn´t expire)
MMMMMMM!!!!!
Heres a little something special from those of us awericans at the temple. Enjoy and remember that we AREN¨T pros, and we actually didn´t even practice.


Thats me, elder Howell, and Elder Gordon

Happy fourth of July everybody!!!!

Love, Elder Haws

4 comments:

Shanna said...

wow love the singing, seriously i love it!!!! Also i'm so glad that you got to eat grilled ham and cheese, its probably my favorite. It sounds like you had tons of awesome expriences this week, i am so proud of all the things you are doing. Keep up the good work Elder Haws, you are an amazing missionary! :)

Nick said...

It is truly amazing how heavenly father will give us the little tender mercy's at the times we might need them the most. It sounds like your day at the temple was just what you needed and it is so cool that you got to have that experience.

Tami said...

I loved the song. It was very harmonious! Thanks for singing for us! I think that is so special that you got to see all of those friends in the temple! What an awesome experience! I'm so proud of you as well. Keep up all your hard work! (Before you know it it's all going to be over.) P.S. Your hair looks way short!

Jan Haws said...

It makes me so happy that you can have special experiences. It would have been neat just to see them all, but it was awesome and a miracle to meet them all at the temple.I agree with Nick, definitely a tender mercy. Keep working hard and singing. You are loved!