Monday, July 20, 2009

¡¡¡¡¡PURA PIÑA!!!!!

Well, Here I am, one month older in the mission. I guess I am old now!! Thats right, I officially have 18 months.

To celebrate, I went on divisions in Buenos Aires( I guess it wasn´t really to celebrate, but I just happened to be there)

I got there on monday morning and spent P-day with them. Buenos Aires is the pineapple capital of the world. I have never seen so much pineapple in my life. If you Have ever eaten a Del Monte Pineapple, it was probably grown in buenos aires. Well, sice that all there is there, we decided to go see some pineapple for our p-day. So we went Hunting

Elder Felipe, me and Elder Howell in the Piña(aka pieapple)


After a while of looking, we found a nice ripe one, and elder howell almost picked it....

But then we saw the other side... Rotten...
Finally, we found a slightly ripe one. It may look green because it was. But after a week on top of the fridge, it was ready to be turned into a nice piña Shake (that is the ugliest tie ever and for some reason it keeps showing up on my blog...)
Besides me turning 18 months, elder felipe was also completing years, so we got him a cake and icecream. Elder Felipe just got hear exactly 2 weeks ago.

We didn´t have candels, so we used matches instead
I was in buenos aires until friday morning, and then i came home.

Today for pday, we went to a waterfall......
and then played with some birds...
They are so cool. I think i will try to bring one home.

Well, thats all for me.

Love, Elder Haws

5 comments:

Tami said...

Mmm...Pineapple! I wonder if the pineapples from our cruise came from there because those were absolutely the yummiest pineapples ever!
Okay so you took the seagull poop hat with you on your mish. What is it about boys and disgusting hats that they just can't get rid of? Haha. Still love ya! Congrats on 18 months down!

Shanna said...

i love pineapple and those were sweet pics!! i love all the pictures of you with the parrot, they are all typical danny faces lol. I can't believe you only have 6 months left.... WEIRD!!!! also i can't believe that hat is still in alive and well, its pretty crazy maybe you should consider getting a new one yeah? jk keep it, i love it. Keep up the good work elder haws!!
ps: my girls celebrated your 6months left day with me, i'm writing you all about it :)
Much love!

Millie said...

Did you at least think of me when you saw the pineapple? Remember how we went to Hawaii and ate a whole lot of pineapple? I too was shocked by the hat, you've had that for forever. Enjoy your six months left, they'll be the best. Good luck buddy.

Nick said...

Fun Danny, but...... isn't it like stealing if you just go pick stuff out of someones crop. Just kidding.

Brax said...

elder haws, do you use the word piña in the same way as we do in mexico. if so, i give you props. youll know what i mean