Tuesday, October 6, 2009

October is here

Well, this week was very eventfull. It was super awesome, but also very long. As you well know, it was conference week. Thats always a big thing here in the mission. We always want to make sure EVERYBODY goes to the conference. We worked hard all week to invite the people, and even asi thre were hardly any members that showed up. There was actually not one person that came to every session. I must say that i feel like the three nephites “afflicted for the wickedness of the people”. It is hard having heard such great talks and knowing that there were so many people that didn´t even care to come hear the prophets voice. Oh well, i guess now we have to go and and cry them to repentence!!!
Our zone at conference
Saturday in between conference sessions, i went to another wedding. This time Nelberth(look for his baptism post) got married to a return missionarry named merly. Oddly enough, merly is the sister of Didier(didier married Zailin)(another one of my converts) it seems as though all my baptisms are getting married…. I hate going to weddings, because they make me super trunky!! So Sunday after the conferencewe had to get on a buss and go to san josé again. We had zone council. It was cool, and president taught us lots of neat stuff. Well, today(Tuesday) we had our interviews for our zone, so after zone council President and Sister Galvez brought us home. Instead of going over the mountains, we went along the pacific coast. It was AWESOME. We had a great time and a long talk. Just to give you an idea of things we talked about, as we were pulling into rio claro we were talking about the three nephites…..
Well, today(Tuesday) we had awesome interviews with President. During interviews, the zone leaders give a training, and today we trained about the Book of mormon. We realized that we havent been using it as we should, well, we had a great training, and at the end we gave everyone one of the cheap copies and invited them to read it again, but the just look for and highlight a few things in different colors. 1 names and titles of christ after you finish a page, write in the bottom corner how many times it mentions one of his titles.2 faith 3 the atonement 4 repentance 5 baptism 6 gift of the holy ghost 7 endure to the end 8 any mention of the gospel( “this is my gospel”). It turns out, president later told us that we are going to do that as an entire mission. We promised the Elders that they will gain a stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon and our Savior. I am way excited to do this, and plan on doing it in the next 3 months.Well, thats all i got for now. I am absolutely in love with missionarry work. It is just awesome. Sometimes i think about goibng home and get scared, but when the times comes “i will go”(1 nephi 3:7) “for behold, it cometh quilcly sayeth the lord, amen” D&C 87:8
Elder Haws

4 comments:

Dawn said...

hey Danny it's Dawn. You're awesome. I love reading your blog. I like the highlightine idea. I'll have to try it too. Keep up the great work.

Em Russ said...

This is Mom, Another good week. I love the pictures. I think I will do the Book of Mormon challenge. I like that idea. Keep up the good work. Love you lots.

Shanna said...

I"ve started your challenge and i love it!!! Keep up the good work, you're awesome:)

Jan Haws said...

You make me so happy. I love you and I love that you are doing great and so full of the missionary work and spirit.