Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A day late....

Well, as you may have noticed, I am a day late today. It turns out on sunday night we had to go to san jopse for a meeting with all the zone leaders. It took us 7.5 hours to get there like always. We had the meeting on monday morning, and at 3 after the meeting we got back on a bus and came home... Yep, we got home at 10:30 so we had no time to do internet, and now here we are on tuesday doing it quick.

This week was great. To start to week out, I went to Golfito on divisiones. I was there for three days. Highlights of that are, I found this cool soda.. Like a restaurant... And took a picture.

Also, while in golfito, we found a gecko. Elder Ramirez was playing with it, and then it died... Kinda sad, well he set it on the desk, and when we came back at night, this is what we found....
The ants here are really amazing. They eat everything, and they eat it fast. One time they ate my pez and I was FURIOUS!!!!

Next, on saturday, we did service with out cook. We put up these three huge columns, and then filled them with cement. It was hard work. in this pic you can see me filling it with cement. It may not look high, but thats because I am standing on a huge stack of cinderblocks... I know that plad shorts don´t really go with rubber boots, but oh well, live with it...

After, I had to lift the topper of the pillar up and put it on there. It was super hard, and i had to use all my strength three times before i got on. I didn´t think anyone would see the top, so i put my name on all three of the pillars:)

Here i am playing with the little bit of left over cement we used.... Yep, i am quite the artist...

On sunday, the teacher for sunday school didnt show up, so I had to teach the lesson( to the adults) luckily it was about the plan of salvation, so it was east to teach... Here is a picture of the diagram I drew on the board... Part of me thinks Bob Bodily would be proud, but then I realize my drawing is crazy and takes the Urrim and Thummum to read. I promise that while I was explaining it, it made sense!!!!

Finally, here´s a video of what I did on the long bus ride... You can´t hear my sound effects, but they are great..


Well, thats all for now. Things here are great. Me and my comp are working as hard as ever. We have a lot of baptisms coming up real soon. (I always say that)

Thanks for your support!!
I am HAPPY!!!!

Love Always, Elder Haws

3 comments:

Jan Haws said...

I like the plaid shorts. I am glad to see you like to do service, that your muscles didn't fail you, and you are staying busy. It always helps to have baptisms. "Soda Danny" that is cool. Thanks for the post.

Tami said...

You crack me up with the airplane thing! This post was "soda" cool! (Get it, I'm trying to play on words...) I really like seeing pictures and hearing how you're doing. Good luck on those prospective baptisms. I like the heart you made with the leftover cement. Have a great week.

Shanna said...

ha ha love the video i can only imagine your commentary, you make me laugh :) Please always perform service in rubber boots and plaid shorts, its the only way to go! Keep up the good work Dano, have a great week:)