Monday, January 19, 2009

Well, this week was LONG!!

First, tuesday was my birthday!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
To celebrate we went looking for a cake... It turns out they are really expensive, so instead we bought Pingüinos (cupcakes) and that was my birthday cake.. Alsdo we spent the money we saved on cake by buying icecream, hersheys syrup, and chocolate flavored whipped cream.... The one in the picture is the one we gave to the guy wo works at our hotel at nights, his name his Jorge and hopefully now he will get baptised..... Mine was a lot bigger, and after about three bites we realized it was way to chocolatey and we put it in the freezer.
For my birthday i bought myself some ties form a "thrift store?" and also a pair of under armour tear away pants. All in all i spent about 8 dollars...


Wednesday was interviews with president Arbizu, and we had to teach the capacitation about charity and how it applies to the other attributes of christ. We did an activity where we threw water baloons that were "attributes of christ" and the missionaries had to catch them with their "towels of charity" if they recieved an attribute they could"share" it back at us(me and my comp throwing them) It was really fun and we all got wet. I am not sure if we really learned anything.... After that we went on divisions with some elders so we could do some baptismal interviews. I was with elder Hansen who was with me in the MTC and it was pretty fun.

Thursday we met back up from divisions and i rode a bus for one hour to go out to get my comp, we got of for 5 minutes, and then got back on the same hour bus back to our area. After that we went straight to another bus to go do a baptismal interview for another area. It sucked, but lukily we had 5 baptisms this week in our Zone!!!

Friday i completed one year in the mission. It wasn´t anything amazing, but at our lunch appointment with our stake president they had bought me a cake for my year mark. It was nice and i was happy. (the frosting tastes like vinagre but i still appreciate it and have almost ate it all)

Saturday we worked normal, and sunday too.

Today, Monday, we played touch football with our Zone, and then went to eat at one of the 5 Mcdonalds that we have in our area.... It was fun.Well, thats about all that happened this week. Sorry so much, but now you know how i feel. I love this mission. It is the best in the world. My companion is awesome and hillarios. We basically laugh 42 percent of the time. He says "thats what she said" to almost everything LOL.
I am super happy to be here. I am just trying to get all prepped for this next year. If it goes as fast as the last one, i will be home Before i realize. Thanks all for your support.
ALWAYS REMEMBER TO STAY ACTIVE IN THE CHURCH SO THE MISSIONARIES DON´T HAVE TO SPEND SO MUCH TIME TRYING TO REACTIVATE YOU!!!

Love you all, and thanks for everything, Love,
Elder Haws

5 comments:

Dawn said...

happy birthday Danny, and happy 1/2 through too. Man, you sound great and really will be home before we know it! Keep up the good work.

Jan Haws said...

I love this post. It is fun to see you and your week. I feel like I've been there. Watch out for the break away pants, you know what happened to Thomas Kimber playing soccer with those kind of pants. I am glad you had a great week and most of all that you love it all and you are HAPPY.
Mom

Tami said...

Oh Danny, you sure make me laugh. I'm glad you have a funny companion who will laugh with you and who can crack jokes like that's what she said! I'm also glad that you had a fabulous birthday. Congrats on your 1 year. I hope you are well and still happy. Love you! Tam

Shanna said...

oh wow its a chocolate birthday after all! I'm sorry to hear that your acutal cake tasted like vinager, its pretty funny though. It sounds like you and your comp are getting along great, i can't wait to hear more about him! I love yer guts, have a wonderful week!
~Shan:)

Jan Haws said...

What a week! I loved this post. I love that you are busy and happy and doing what you are suppose to be doing. And I am glad you had a Happy Birthday and a great 1 year Anniversary. Good Job I loved you first.
Mom