Monday, December 1, 2008

Hey!

Well, today i realized it is december...... Weird..... On thanksgiving we had transfers and so we woke up early and headed to get a bus to san jose, but..... THE ROAD WAS CLOSED due to rain. So, we went the long way. We were on a bus forever and got to san jose just as everyone was leaving the meeting. A few of my peeps from the mtc came up and were all happy and stuff and saying congrats.... I was confused. We went a little farther and an Elder Named Elder Halgren came up and said... So your elder Haws... I was confused, cause he is a zone leader....... Well, it turns out, i am now a zone leader. I was really surprised and so was everyone else..... My area is called Don Bosco, but basically it is just all of down town san jose and the ghetto and everything. Our zone is called la sabana and it is the biggest in the mission. I am really excited to be here. My comp is really cool. We go out to contact, and there are like a billion people so it is super easy, but they arent from our area. I think i will learn to love it here. We live in a hotel that is owned by memberes, and i already am making plans of comming back with my wife our something and staying here. At the rate everyone is getting engaged at home........... I could be here tomorrow... Anyway, i am really excited for this opportunity to help out this zone. I am trying to do the best i can. I love this work, and although i am now somewhere else, its all the same.
Love Elder Haws

3 comments:

Jan Haws said...

That is AWESOME Danny. Good job.
I am glad to hear that you are having a good time and still working hard. Hard work has always payed off, it helps time pass fast. A fun personality like yours makes it even better. LOL

Shanna said...

WOW ELDER HAWS I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! Love the post, and i hope that you learn to love your new area:)

Tami said...

Dano, it's great to hear a positive attitude! You will be fabulous in your new area! Congrats on Zone Leader. You really are the best missionary! Keep up all your hard work! Love ya!