Monday, October 20, 2008

Flooding?

So i heard there was some flooding in Costa Rica...... I am not sure, if its true, but yesterday it rained realy really hard and the stream behind our house turned into a crazy river. Its normaly just a litle stream that cars can cross, but as you can see here, the river was coming down the road as well. This probaly doesn't have anything to do with the flooding, besides that they both involve lots of water.
You might recognize this stream from the realeasing of the turtle we found......
After, we went to a less active families house for their daughters birthday party, she had a cake
and even had a crown....(it said happy new year)
She just turned eight and will be baptised on saturday with one of our investigators named Miriam. She might be crazy, Miriam not the kid, but she read the whole book of mormon and so we are baptising her. Last but not least, i took a cool picture of these flowers by our house....Everything is going well, and I am excited to get out my white clothes again. Love you all,
Love,
Elder Haws

4 comments:

Tami said...

Danny, I'm surprised that I'm the first to comment, but I want to tell you how proud I am of you! We were a little worried about the flooding we heard on the news. I'm just glad you're fine! So, what is your actual address if I want to send you a letter? Is it the right one that we have on the sidebar of the blog?
Funny, but I wouldn't have known it was the same river you let the turtle go in. Love you, bud!

Shanna said...

i wasn't a little worried.....I WAS VERY WORRIED, but assumed you were ok becuase i hadn't heard any different. I love seeing all of your pictures and i am also so stinkin proud of you! Keep up the good work. love ya lots:)

Jan Haws said...

You always make me smile when I read about what you are doing. I love seeing pictures too. I even like the one with the orange flowers. keep up the good work.
LOL Mom

Elder Haws said...

Um yeah no floding here, just a full river. Tami, that one on the side bar is the one, or just ask shanna, her letters always seem to get here