Monday, October 6, 2008

Aloha from costa rica!!!


Well, this week has been interesting. General conference was here, so we enjoyed it. Saturday, there were more missionaries in the chapel than there were members. It was amazing and i learned a lot. Sunday, the first session was completely full. We went to get investigators(we brought 8) and got there late, and our investigators were the very last ones to fit. I found a little closet in the very back of the church by the stage, so i sat on the stairs in there.

It wasn´t a very good view, but i was there.

Then the afternoon session was almost empty. The members here are all about doing the least that they have to do. In between sessions, we went to lunch with our cook. I made a fish out of my rice,
and then found a mask and turned into a super hero.
after, i gave a blessing to my lamanite friend Elias who is going into surgery this week to get a piece of cartelage removed from his eyebrow.


Earlier this week we made empenadas....

They were really good....

But i got really really full....

When we got home it started raining really hard....





Then i sang master the tempest is raging, and it stopped.

Well, thats about all that happened. We have some really good investigators right now that are almost sure baptisms. I am really happy and i sure just love this work!(and letters hint hint)

Well, love ya´ll. I have to go "save the world"(quote from lila) now

Love, Elder Haws

6 comments:

Jan Haws said...

Oh Danny, Those are some cool pictures. It looks like you have been busy, creative, and spiritual all at the same time. You make me laugh. Keep up the good work.

Jan Haws said...

Nat thanks for the picture of Guapiles. I love it.

Shanna said...

Danny i think i watched that video ten times, it made me smile to see that youre still the same goofy danny :) Thanks for the pictures they made my day! love ya snook

Tami said...

Danny, I am sorry that I never commented on your posts. Believe me, I know how bad it stinks when nobody comments. So here I am coming back to leave you a comment so you know that I liked your post. You did get a pretty crappy seat for conference! Don't worry though, we didn't play with Legos or anything while you were gone.
Hey, did anybody tell you that we got Cory Rock Band for his XBOX 360? I bet you would be a good drummer on there. Welp, see ya!

Tami said...

Okay so I'm not going to lie... I didn't watch the video until now because of our Media Fast, but now that it's over I came to watch the video and I think you are hilarious Dano! You are funny and I miss that voice that you talk in and the faces you pull. Keep trucking along! Love ya!

Nick said...

Danny, it was so cool to see pictures of what you are doing and what it is like for you. I think that is first in my book for the weirdest place to have watched general con. I am glad you are having fun. Just like you always do. Thanks for the pictures. I loved them.