Monday, June 9, 2008

What did i do today?

Well, today was a good day. We mostly just chilled, but i have a story. We went to san jose today cause i decided to buy a cool knife. I found one thats real cool and so i bought it. It was only like 5 bucks and really cool. So then we were walking around in our area and theres this guy. His name is Adonai and he is pretty cool. We found him like my second day here and he was really drunk. We got him to stop drinking and now he is our buddy. Anyway, today we were talking to him and i showed him my new knife. He was like.... I want that knife. He offered me like 2 buck for it and i said no way. He had this necklace that is really cool, so i said, i will give you my nife for your necklace... He said ok, and we traded. This necklace is an eagle carved into a baboons tooth and its really cool. Mauricio told me that it is really expensive. Adonai had asked me eairlier for something to remember me and i said i would look. He said when i found something he wanted he would give me the necklace for it. That is the story of how i got my cool necklace from a guy in costa rica with one leg. Oh i forgot to mention he only has one leg.... Yeah he is cool. That is all.
Also, i still love being a missionarry. We have a baptism on saturday and it should be pretty cool. ADIOS
Love, Elder Haws

2 comments:

Tami said...

Seems like you got a deal! It's fun to see you so happy and enjoying Costa Rica.
Sure love ya kid!
Tam

Jan Haws said...

Wow Danny! That is a neat necklace. It is neat you have gotten to be such good friends. Maybe some day he will get baptized. It is also cool he wants to remember you. Be aware of that. Continue to be found doing great things always. I'm glad you are happy! Much Love