Monday, June 16, 2008





Well, we had transfers on thursday and i was sure i was getting a gringo. I actually got a little sad cause i started liking my latino, then, at transfers i got another latino.... His name is Elder Garcia and he is from sinaloa mexico. With elder chamaya he always spoke very formal very good spanish(he is from peru) and now with garcia he just talks a lot of sland and really non proper spanish. Yesterday i saw two people and asked what they were doing and he said they were "chupando la piña" brady i am sure you will get that and maybe some others too. I laughed really hard because i remembered that brady used to say that and now i finally understand where he got it from. The way i figure it my next companion is going to be from dominican republic... I am still really happy. My new mexican is really cool. He is very happy and very nice, but he walks slow... I think we will have a really good time together and a lot of success. Oh also, i had another baptism on satuyrday. His name is pedro aburto. He is from nicaragua and has only lived here for two weeks. He has investigated the church for a year and a half but couldn´t get baptised because he had a wife and was living with someone else. The day he left nicaragua his divorce was finalized. basically we called presidente with his situation and he said he needed to come to church twice and we could baptise him. So i baptised him. It was neat. Sometimes you sow sometimes you reap. Thats about all.... Sure love you and thanks for all you do.





Love, Elder Haws









This is me and Chamaya leaving from a cool ghetto house on his last day...









This Is a neat service activity that we had where we assembled wheelchairs...





These are all the wheelchairs we assembled... It was a lot more fun to test them than to build them.. There were 150.. This is a picture of me after i traded this kid watches.
This is me and my new comp Elder Garcia

This is me and our bishop..... He is cuban.


Heres a little glamour shot of me before the basptism;)



Me elder garcia and pedro!






5 comments:

Nick said...

Danny
I love reading your posts they make me laugh and I am happy your having such a good time.

Nick

Brady said...

That's funny about the order of your comps. It would be hilarious if you ended up with a Dominicano next. I am glad to hear that you like your comp and are learning proper spanish. None of this Peruvian stuff. Now I guess you know why I mailed a whole bunch of chupa piñas home to Shawnee. Take care kid. We all love ya.

--Brady

Shanna said...

Dano i love reading all of your fun posts!!! You seem so happy, and that makes me happy. Have a fabulous day!
Lots of Love,
Shan

Jan Haws said...

Danny, This is such a neat post. You look great,happy and healthy and you are having success. I love the glamor shot! It is fun to read and see what is going on there. We all think about you often and are happy for this time you have to serve. Keep up the good work!!
LOL (Lots of Love) Mom

Jan Haws said...

I bet you had fun with the wheel chairs. Some less fortunate people are going to really appreciate those. Service is a wonderful way to add happiness to any day. I can just see you missionaries having a blast with the completed project. Great Job!
Mom