Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Danny's Email Home 7/20/08

Hey,
I think i pobably am getting transfered on thursday so i will try hard to make the most of my last 3 days here. Yesterday we went to mauricios)one of my converts) house and lately they have had a lot of money problems. The other day their microwave stopped working. Well, yesterday we went there and they were all in the kitchen. Mauricio was almost to the point of crying. I asked what was wrong and he said the stove stoped working. He had ben trying to fix it and couldn´t. I told him to let me have a look. I started fiddling with the wires and then told them to try it, but it didn´t work. Then i told them i was going to pray. I said a simple little prayer, opened my eyes and looked directly at a connection. It was kindof corroded so i cleaned it a little. I then said, ok now try it. Mauricio said no its not going to work. I said, Have faith and try it. He flipped the breaker, and then started getting all excited and saying ITS WORKING ITS WORKING. They were all shocked and surprised, but i knew it would work. Sometimes the Lord is just waiting to help us, all we have to do is ask. It was a great experience. They are a famill i will truly miss, but hopefully i have left them with a strong faith in Christ.
This is the true church! This is the work of the Lord. This is where i need to be right now.


Love,
Elder D. Ronald Haws

2 comments:

Jan Haws said...

What a great story. It is so good to know that you are making a difference. I'm sure they will always remember and love YOU!

Anonymous said...

Danny you are amazing. And I love you. I was thinking about you and it made me so happy to read your blog. I can seriously hear you telling these stories. Keep up the good work!